Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Class? Work?
I am officially procrastinating at the moment and posting to this blog rather than reading for my classes. Jeff and I have started the process of breaking down a budget for this wedding. I think that we will be able to keep costs down, but it is going to take a lot of involvement on our part and the help of family and friends. The whole wedding industry (and industry it is) is geared toward lavish affairs. Most of the "advice" websites and books offer articles like: "Find your bride style!" and "Latest trends in table settings!". Frankly, I am more interested in knowing if there are liability issues if we choose to provide the alcohol ourselves, and finding a location for a reception that won't eat the catering budget. I'll be calling a few friends in the next week to see if they have tips. But, all in good time. Right now I am going to just enjoy the glow, wait for my ring to return from the jeweler, and go put my nose in a book for a few hours.

No comments: