Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Ring Thing

We opted to go ring shopping together after I proposed to Zoe, and given my complete lack of experience in buying jewelry, I'm glad I did. We went to a place on Westheimer called Past Era and had a lovely experience - no pushy salespeople and a beautiful selection of rings. I think we both expected to choose a silver engagement ring, but Zoe actually ended up with a beautiful gold one from the 1880s. It was apparently made in England, and has three small sapphires (and two diamonds) on the half-hoop design. Beautiful!

Unfortunately, we haven't seen it since the day we bought it, since it had to be resized (itty-bitty fingers!) and some of the gold setting repaired. But I got a call from the shop today, and it's ready to pick up! Woo-hoo!

No comments: