Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm so happy that the ring came back from the jeweler. It really is beautiful. It is delicate and fits my hand very well. I love the fact that it is so old and it makes me wonder about the women that wore it before me. I wanted an antique ring because I knew it would be unique and have a history. As Jeff mentioned in his post, I thought that I would choose a white gold or silver ring, but this one just felt right when I put it on. The sapphires are the color of bluebonnets and blue delphinium.
We announced our engagement at Live Oak Friends meeting this past Sunday and we have begun the process of talking to the meeting about planning this wedding. Everyone was very congratulatory and seemed very willing to help us. So, we can move forward and check the calendar for the availability of the meeting house in order to choose a date. I think that we will both breathe a sigh of relief once we have "the date" set. Even though we have plenty of time, it is hard to resist the urge to plan, plan, plan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff's Aunt Anne here.

Did you guys know that your comments appear unsigned on the website? I.e., that readers can't tell who wrote what except by deduction from the content and style? Not necessarily a problem, but I thought I'd give you a heads-up.

I look forward to reading the whole "as it happens" blow-by-blow (and to the big day itself, of course, if we're invited).